We all have innate desires and an internal voice that we can mobilize as a powerful tool to drive both our career and companies forward. In most cases, we silence that internal voice and instead look around us for external markers to determine our trajectory. Simply put, it leaves us looking for inspiration in the wrong place. When we do what we love, we continuously push the boundaries and true innovation becomes possible and this is provides energy and momentum!
If you are not doing what you love now, what path can you carve to get you working with that passion? There will be obstacles but using your passion can open many doors, increase productivity and help you to push through tough times. So what can you do to get there? And are you willing to weather the turbulence that may lie ahead to do what you love? If this is the case, find the time to pursue what you love.
Questions to consider while determining what in your career path exhilarates you:
- Do I feel like I could be doing more?
- What really excites me?
- What truly makes me happy and exhilarates me?
- What are you good at and what do others think you are good at?
- Are you ready to face obstacles and challenges that you will encounter on your journey to pursue your passion?
- What opportunity can you seize to kickstart your journey? What is the first step?
If you really are sincere in your feeling that you could be doing more and are excited about your passion, be confident that you can overcome any obstacle that comes your way. Be excited. Be innovative.
When you feel that you can overcome any obstacle, you are ready to start carving a path that exhilarates you and will allow you to grow it into doing something you love.