ON YOUR MARK has launched!
The KMAC Group is excited to announce that Keith McIntyre’s, KMAC’s Founder and CEO, new book On Your Mark is now available for purchase. On Your Mark can be purchased as a hard copy or the e-book version is also available.
Read below to find out a bit more about On Your Mark and how Keith and the KMAC Group are trying to help people (businesses/individuals) reach new heights and unlock true value. It all starts with self analysis; to figure out your true passions and goals!
Don’t forget to leave us a review!
The KMAC Group attended the ‘Knowledge @ Degroote cocktail event: “Tech Disruption: Your career and your company can’t wait” on Feb 15th, 2018 at the Ron Joyce Center (Burlington, ON).
Keynote speaker: Alfredo Tan; WestJet’s Chief Digital & Innovation Officer, and former Facebook Exec.
Alfredo’s presentation was extremely insightful as he revealed why every role, every company, and every industry will be affected by technology. He challenged the way we think about technological change and disruption.
The four points he addressed within the technological platform were:
- Macro Changes Globally
- The Consumer Shift
- Change is Accelerating
- Culture being the most important focus
Tan was able to demonstrate the rapid growth of technology happening around the world at an astonishing pace. He used very convincing stats to showcase this reality:
- 76% of the internet population in on Facebook
- 99% of people in the Philippines are on Facebook; No hot water, but mobile devices and Facebook – The importance of connectivity.
- Netflix wanting to partner with or have Blockbuster purchase them; Now Blockbuster no longer exists.
- 2 Billion! There are more mobile phones than people in the world today and that number is growing 5x faster than the human population.
Tan stated, “the truth of today will not be the truth of tomorrow”, well how can it be with expansion and change happening this rapidly? With Augmented and Virtual Reality, we are now able to have experiences that trigger reactions and it’s only the beginning. Who knows where technology will bring us if it already has the power to make us react to something we KNOW is not real?
“Culture eats strategy for breakfast!” Facebook’s internal culture followed these ‘office rules’ and open concepts in order to create an environment that has the capability to keep up with the changes and take risks to innovate and succeed:
- Focus on impact – measure the things that matter!
- Be Bold! Failure is a part of success.
- Be Open! – Receive information to help make better decisions and to have a better impact
- Move fast and build things – If you wait for perfection the world WILL pass you.
- Nothing at Facebook is anyone else’s problem!
- What would you do if you were not afraid? Accept challenges and take risks!
Alfredo did an amazing job explaining and demonstrating why culture is so important to an company and how culture can impact their direction and future “you fail at 100% of the chances you don’t take.” Don’t be afraid of failure. Be bold, take risks and continue to innovate and accept change because it is not going to wait for YOU to catch up!
On Your Mark – Get Set – Go – and Keep Going!
Are you as excited as we are? You should be!
Because KMAC’s NEW book ‘On Your Mark’ is coming soon! February 2018.
Keep a lookout for your chance to get your hands on a copy! Pre-ordering options will be available shortly. Stay tuned.
For any questions or inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us!
Two Simple Concepts for Satisfying Customers
By George E.L. Barbee One of the original Batten fellows at The University of Virginia Darden Graduate School of Business
Strategy and Business, March 20, 2017
Do you know who your customers are?
You may not always know your customers as well as you think you do and that is why customer relationships and experiences are so important. You should spend the time to get to know them and these 2 simple concepts can help:
- Get to know your highest-volume customers, especially the heavy users. They buy your products in high quantities and are worth 5-15% more than the casual customer; brand loyalty!
- Fill the satisfaction gaps. Make your experience better than the competition, giving them what they want instead of just merely satisfied. Always observe and take notes because this is where business opportunities lay.
For years, KMAC has taken in-store shopping experiences to a new level. For example, bringing the dental office to the store shelves; having dental experts educate customers about the benefits of a brand’s Oral Care products; being able to answer questions, share deeper insights and tips, and help recommend what might be best for them right at the point of purchase creates an impactful, new and exhilarating experience for shoppers! This experience helps eliminate questions and hesitation shoppers may have while trying to make a purchase with so many competing products.
KMAC is a 25 year old Business Management Consulting firm. We are People. Process. Productivity. Organizational Performance and Business Excellence are what we love. We get hired because we get things done. Drawing upon our experiences from the F500’s and the world of professional sports where we’ve worked with many of North America’s highest profile athletes, sport properties and sport franchises we help people and organizations reach new heights.
Click here for the full article: Two Simple Concepts for Satisfying Customers